Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Favorite Blog....

The Bad Sandwich Chronicles is the only blog I check out and enjoy on a regular bassist. It's done by a member of the local Pop-Punk band "The Lawrence Arms" named Brandon Kelly. He writes about life in Chicago and in general, traveling with his band, and a multitude of funny observations/situations. This is the type of blog that you end up going back and obsessively reading all the archived material....which in this case goes back quite a ways. The writing itself is the opposite of dry, I've laughed out a loud numerous times while reading his blog. To me, anything that can make you laugh out loud while by yourself is good writing. Anyways, there's a link to it on my blog sidebar. I highly recommend checking this particular one out. I can only aspire to have as many followers/viewers as this dude, I'm sure some of it has to do with his "status" as a band member, but his writing stands on it's own, and obviously has tons of people coming back for more. The average post on there has like 30 comments, I've been doing this blog for around 6 months now and I've gotten less than 10 comments throughout all the posts. Yes, I am a bit jealous. Guess I just gotta step my game up a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment