Wednesday, October 6, 2010

BBQ Sauce Review: Captain Curt's Famous "Boss Sauce"



Just to get it out there, I hate overly sweet, bland barbecue sauces with no spice kick to them....you know the type you get at a Bohemian restaurant or diner. I love anything that's spicy and my barbecue sauce has to at least pack a decent punch, preferably a wallop. I've been doing my grocery shopping at Jewel, and each time I go there I pick a new BBQ sauce and/or hot sauce to try out. I've had a few dissapointing bottles so far, I've also found out that you can't go wrong with the Sweet Baby Ray's brand. Anyways, back to this "Boss Sauce". At first I wasn't it feeling so much. Up front was a slight taste of the aforementioned overly sweet BBQ sauces, but as if by magic, mid-bite it turned into a solid hot peppery (as in salt and pepper) finish. It's not hot by any means, but at least it had a little something behind it. I've tried it on fries and with baked chicken. For fry-eating I'll usually go with a spicier brand, but this sauce complimented the flavor of the baked chicken with just the right amount of hotness. To tell you the truth, the sweet then spicy thing really grew on me, and I've come to really enjoy this sauce a lot. Like Sweet Baby Ray's, Captain Curt's "Boss Sauce" is a locally owned and operated company......so why not help out the local economy and pick up a bottle of this good, solid BBQ sauce. I gotta give Captain Curt his props, his sauce really is "Boss".

No comments:

Post a Comment