Saturday, March 12, 2011

Stuff I've Been Into Lately

The Falling Man 9/11 Documentary (I've been watching and reading a lot of stuff about 9/11 lately. Hearing stories and seeing footage makes me appreciate just how big a tragedy this was. I stumbled upon this documentary on youtube based on an article in Esquire magazine about a controversial photograph showing a man jumping (or possibly falling) from one of the towers. An effort to identify the man in the photograph was undertaken and this documentary chronicles that search. In the process the stories of other jumpers are heard and given a voice beyond that of being" just a jumper". Very interesting and harrowing documentary. Here is the first part, you can find links to the rest of the 8 videos on the sidebar.



Military Blogs (Check out http://my-vietnam-stories.blogspot.com/ for an interesting account of one man's Vietnam experiance. Also take a look at http://www.realcombatlife.com for first person accounts of military service.)

My Vietnam Stories Blog

Real Combat Life Blog

The Crow Soundtrack (I used to play the fuck out of this when I was 13 years old. I had a babysitter that was into Industrial and Alternative music so I got turned onto Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, and stuff like Machines of Loving Grace, Nitzer Ebb. The Crow Soundtrack has so many good songs on it, you can really the album all the way through, not a common occurrence. The songs fit the movie well even though I don't remember a lot of them actually being in the movie. It has a vibe all it's own but fits the dark, gothy archetype of the movie like a glove.)
Download it here:


The Crow Soundtrack

Nine Inch Nails-Pretty Hate Machine (Downloading The Crow Soundtrack made me start downloading all the records and bands I was into in the mid-90's, like NIN, Marilyn Manson, 1000 Homo DJS, Ministry etc. This is the stuff which pretty much paved the way to punk and hardcore for me. I remember going to the used CD store that used to be in downtown Hinsdale and buying all these expensive NIN bootlegs. Back then, Trent Reznor was pretty much the coolest dude ever. Broken and The Downward Spiral are top notch as well. Hearing these again brings back so many memories of being a kid in the mid 90's.)
Download it here:



Pretty Hate Machine

Duels (The manner in which an affront to a gentlemen's sense of honer is avenged in a prearranged fair fight. They can be fought to first blood or to the death with a variety of weapons and rules to be agreed on by both parties. Dueling was popular between the 11th and 20th centuries, in the parlance of our times, a duel refers to aerial warfare between fighter pilots. Read more on Wikipedia)



Dueling Wikipedia Page


Kellogs Maple Syrup Flavored Eggo Waffle Cereal (This stuff is amazing. I bought it cuz it was on sale and it tastes like fucking waffles with butter and syrup. I ate a whole box of it last night when I had the munchies..... off the hook.)



Chicken Tenders (I go to Jewel for my grocery shopping and while there, always get some chicken fingers with some of those tater babies (steak fries). Eat em with a side of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce and some Tahitian Treat. Super good.)



Tahitian Treat (The best non-alcoholic drink in the world? Quite possibly. Someone told me he saw 99 cent 2 liters of this on sale somewhere and my head almost exploded. )

No comments:

Post a Comment