Sunday, January 16, 2011

Diggin' in the Crates



Met up with my friend Matt Clark this morning.......he was going to this monthly record sale in Hillside, and once I found out on Facebook (yes, I have a facebook now) that he was coming out this way I told him to swing by and pick me up cuz I'm right down the road. We went to Darcy Lynn's Snack Shop over by 1st and Ogden in Brookfield and had a cheap and delicious meal. I had some biscuits and gravy that made Matt a little jealous because they looked so good. They did indeed taste as well as they looked as well. The record fair itself was awesome! Saw tons of cool shit that I wanted/want, if you're not careful you can spend a shit load of records so try to keep that in mind. There are so many vendors, so many records that it's all a bit overwhelming.....but at the same time awesome because you have the ability to comb through many, many different collections on one giant place. Another cool thing about the fair is the level of passion and knowledge inherent to serious record collectors. I could walk up to a mild looking older record vendor, and have an in depth conversation about ultra-rare power pop records that you'd think would be the last thing this guy would know about. Lots of great records in eye-popping condition as well. My lone score for the day was the first LP "Glory Boys" by British mod revival stalwarts Secret Affair for 10 bucks, both me and the LP can be seen above. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment